Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting service concerns hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a server managed by a web hosting company. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's take a glimpse at them. In that way, you can determine what you need, depending on whether you desire to run a web page, e-mail accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a service supplied by particular web hosts, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting accounts often include ads beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain interval of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely amiss interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the workload between independent bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some suppliers provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting variant is good if you wish to share a large number of images with comrades or partners since the service is usually free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to handling your emails. Some vendors offer web page hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you want to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video clip in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video produces a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video files and several hundred website viewers, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will enable you to use as many video clips as you would like without bothering about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to run a site. To some extent, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and email mailbox accounts, upload videos, etc. At WWW Solutions, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting packages that enable you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for particular content solely.